Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ghostbusters ***1/2

Mama: *Had I seen this movie when it first came out, Signourney Weaver's big hair might not have made such an impression on me. I think she's way sexier bald with a flamethrower in her hand. There should have been more ghosts in this movie and less sidekicks. Annie Potts' voice made an impression on Jupiter. "Mama, why is her voice like that?" she asked. "I think she's trying to have a funny voice," I answered. I secretly suspect I look a lot like Annie Potts.

Popi: **I picked this movie because I wanted to see Bill Murray, and he delivered.. Again this turned out to be more of a boy movie than a girl movie. I remembered more ghost sliming. I thought the kids would like the demon in the fridge and the 40 ft marshmellow man. But our boy liked the demon gargoyles, and our girls seemed to like how excited we were about the movie. Though nothing in it seemed to appeal to them.
Rick Moranis held fast as a strong secondary character, though it was embarrassing to see Hollywood take its medicine and reluctantly put a black man on the team—only to undermine his roll at every turn.

Justice:***** Kinda scary but not too scary, but a little scary. The green ghost he was eating dinner and I don't know, that was a scary part. It was awesome. That means we can watch Ghostbusters soon.

James: *****It was awesome. Five stars. I liked when the gargoyle cracked and started attacking. and when she opened the fridge and there was a plateful of a goblin and fireflames.

Jupiter: *****I do want to watch it again. I don't know what I thought of it. I liked it when there was a man and he was climbing in his car and he saw a rotten skeleton in his seat. And I liked the curls.

No comments: